Monday, September 5, 2011

Next Stop: The farm!

Hello!!! It is my last day in North Dakota! It's hard to believe that time has flown by so quickly!

Today I have pictures from Matt's Mom's farm! Enjoy:

Grandma Sue and Addi visit with the dog over the fence.

We tour the vineyard on a perfectly beautiful Summer day.

Grandma Sally has tons of grapes nearly ready to be picked!

Addi HAD to wear her tutu to the farm! ha!

Uncle Chuck helped Destiny "ride" on a horse! Destiny loved every second of it!

There were 3 horses and...

2 lovely goats! Destiny says they have beards like Santa!

Addi fed the horse apples, but screamed when given the opportunity to sit on one!

Destiny riding the "tractor" with Auntie Sam!



Addi rides with Grandma Sally!

Now it's Dest's turn with Grandma Sally!

One of the girl's favorite things to do at the farm is feed the fish! Destiny even named two of the fishies who didn't have names. Here are her names: Tiki and Max. wow.

Saying good-bye to the horses! The girls loved the farm so much that neither of them wanted to leave! It was a blast to be outside on such a beautiful afternoon! A special thanks to Sally and Sam for the tour!



Since it's my last day in Williston, I decided I should do one more: Only in Williston post! This one is a little more personal than the others:


Top 5 things I do "Only in Williston"


1. Sing along to country music as I drive down the road. {mostly because they play songs from when I listened to country music in 5th and 6th grade!}

2. Run the same path every day and never get sick of it. In Canberra I switch up my running paths very frequently, but here, I love the views of the river on my daily run.

3. Get road rage. Never in my life have I had road rage until I come home to my not-so-quiet-anymore hometown and I'm not used to people being so rude on the road. I am also not used to all of the BIG truck traffic!

4. Eat as much pie, kuchen, homemade buns, and peanut m and m's as I want because I have people like my Grandma and Great Auntie telling me I am too skinny and that peanut m and m's are "health food". ha!

5. Only in Williston, I truly feel at "home". I am surrounded by people I love and even though the town has changed so much, it's the people here that make it "home"! It's strange how so many different places have become like a home to me, but Williston will always be my number 1 home no matter where I live!


Enjoy today! Send up a little prayer for me as I fly {all by myself, like a big girl} and reunite with Matt and my dear cousin Lili! I am SO excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment