Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sweet, sweet Grandma!

Hey Friends! How's your day? Good, I hope! Last night we had a blast of a thunder storm...the best that I have seen in a few years. I enjoyed peeking out the window at it. My favorite part of the evening was cuddling up in the big chair with a cuppa tea and watching a DVD that my Great Aunt created about our family history. Starting in Sweden, my family ended up in North Dakota and has remained in this area ever since. The DVD was about my Maternal Grandma's side of the family. It was SO interesting and well put together debuting family photographs and wonderful narration!

Things I did not know about my sweet grandma:
She moved away from her family on the farm to attend high school in a nearby town only seeing her family on weekends if the roads were passable.
She stuck around an extra year after high school to look after her two younger sisters.

**A side note: I think my grandparents looked like Barbie and Ken dolls when they were younger. They were both so very attractive and made such a beautiful couple. {that's where I get my good looks...wink wink!}

Since we're on the topic of my Grandma dearest; I have a few pictures from a quick morning trip to her house yesterday. She lives about 45 minutes away from my parent's house so we travel to see her about once per week when we are in the area!

Destiny poses in the dress that Great Grandma gave her.

Addi cuddles up for a smile :) {she said a great big "CHEESE" right after I snapped the shot}

Both of the girlies with Great Grandma!

Grandma and I from Destiny's perspective. I look giantish!

Addi!!!

Sisterly love!


A challenge for you today: Find out something that you didn't know about your family!


It's fun and helps you piece together the puzzle of your life!


Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment