Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Happiest of Days

Hello My Friends!

How is your day going? I had a great birthday celebration this weekend and I'm going to share it with you in this blog today! However, first I must mention some news that is near and dear to my heart. We received an email the other day telling us that Matt's sweet Grandma is battling cancer. Matt is headed back to the U.S. to see if there is any way he can help out and for now, the girls and I are going to stay here in Canberra. Matt's Grandma is one of the strongest ladies that I know and I have full confidence that she will battle cancer with all her might! We would appreciate thoughts and prayers for Matt's Grandma and Grandpa and for Matt as he travels to the U.S.! Here is a picture of Miss Destiny and Great Grandma on our recent visit to Wyoming!

So sweet!

To start my Birthday off, I got together with some of the moms from play group for a fabulous pot luck dinner and white elephant gift exchange. (no, I did not magically pop out a baby...it's my friend's baby, Juniper :) )

My lovely carrot cake :)

The following day (my birthday in Australia), we celebrated with a picnic at the bell tower on Lake Burley Griffin. These are flowers from a friend...and little flowers from my girlies.



Destiny and Matt brought me flowers.


My little family gave me a beautiful gift.


Then Matt and I headed out for dinner and a play followed by dancing.

My dessert: Turkish goodies!

Dancing :)

The next morning (my American birthday) we headed tot he farmer's market where I bought myself some flowers and a macaroon.

I ended the day making pasta! Sweet potato, goat cheese stuffed ravioli!


We also attended Matt's baseball game! Go Bears!

The girls picked TONS of flowers at the field :)

Ravioli!

My new fave flower from the Farmer's Market! They are so fun to watch as they open!



Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment