Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pickles and Ice Cream

Hey Friends! Today I'm taking a moment to share with you a bit about my pregnancy! I have a few pictures from recent weeks. The most recent picture was taken yesterday as we were on a 8 mile walk :)
Although I titled this post "Pickles and Icecream", that is NOT what I am craving. The title really should be something like "hot sauce, jalepenos, home-made sweets and potatoes". To Matt's surprise, I haven't had any STRANGE cravings this pregnancy! I have done a pretty good job to continue to eat healthy. For the last trimester, my goal is to up my protein intake! I see many eggs and much yogurt in my future.
Luckily, I won't have to worry too much about what I eat because I passed my sugar test! yay! With all the sweets I have been eating and my dad's recent diagnosis of diabetes, I had a bit more of a fear of having gestational diabetes. Thank goodness I am in the clear! Now, bring on the cake! haha!
Easter fell around week 25 for me this time around. With Addi it was closer to week 29. I wanted to wear the same Easter dress that I wore when I was expecting Addi, but it seems I'm a bit too small for it yet. {not a bad thing!}
In the quiet moments of the evening, the baby moves around quite a lot. At my last doctor appointment, our doctor told me that the baby was head-up! When he is in this position I find that I am a bit short of breath. I am looking forward to some kicks in the ribs instead of a head in the diaphram!
We had an ultrasound last week and baby was looking handsome as ever! We sure can't wait to meet him. Addi is still calling him "Baby Jesus" and Destiny likes, "Aaron" or "Tatum" or some other inventive names that sound a bit more like a good name for an alien! The girls often kiss him and ask me if he has anything to "say" to them. They just can't wait to meet him!
26 weeks marks the end of trimester two! I made it, guys! When I first found out I was expecting, I made a goal to keep running until my third trimester. I am feeling so good at this point that I will continue to run for a while longer. However, the weather is changing and my joints may not be able to cope with the extra weight I am packing so I will mostly try to run when the temps are nice. Wouldn't it be something if I could run up until my due date! Wow! I hope that happens :) Just to clarify, I am not out there running marathons or anything like that...just anywhere between 5 to 10 miles per week. I have started working more and more on my birthing exercises as well. It feels good to prepare for the "marathon" of labor and delivery!
That's all the "baby" info. I can think of for now! I will be back with another "baby" post after my baby shower this weekend!
Destiny is out of school for the next couple of weeks so we are enjoying some family time! I really enjoyed not having to pack her lunch, get her uniform ready, etc. etc.! This morning has been a breeze!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment