Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Night Zoo

Hey Friends! Happy Friday, over here! (Friday is just around the corner for my friends in the U.S.!) Today I get to blog about my absolute favorite part of our vacation to Cairns. Matt and I chose a special night to go out {just the two of us} to celebrate our 7th anniversary! We decided to go to a special Night Zoo activity. A cockatoo was there to greet us saying, "hello" and whistling!
Cheers to all you can eat and drink all night! Lemon Squash for me, please!

This sign showed the evening's activities. We really were on the move when we were there. Dinner started with some lovely music.
Matt had two steaks (I let him have mine, because I'm nice like that :)
Shortly after dinner, we got to cuddle a koala named "Buster". I think he liked my baby bump as a seat!
He sure was a stinky fella (yes, I'm talking about the koala, not Matt. haha!), but he certainly was cuddly!
Evenings are when koalas are most active {supposedly}. Most of them were sleeping when we saw them! They are pretty lazy guys.
After our cuddle, we were brought to an area with seating so we could take a close up look at some night creatures. This owl was lovely.
Matt got to have a little cuddle with a snake. I was having more fun looking at the albino crocodile that was in the spot next to this.
Why, hello crocs! Boy were they hungry! One of them even ripped the feeding stick right out of the zookeepers hand! (this makes my fear even more legit!)
Hand-feeding some lovely roos.

Damper and Billy Tea. Yum!
Matt was a roo charmer too!
What a cutie!

The night ended with the completion of one of my goals that I set before moving here. I got to "cuddle" a wombat! I loved the moment so much, but was a bit afraid because the man told me that wombats love to bite. The wombat was just as lovely as I thought it would be, but I kept my distance from his face!
Seven years of marriage, and a special trip to a zoo! What a deal!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment