Sunday, March 25, 2012

To Cairns We Go!

Hey Friends! It's been a while, but I am back and ready to blog! This is my girly, Destiny on the airplane, flying to Cairns! The flight crew gave her special 3D glasses that went with an activity book that she received. She had so much fun playing with them on the flight. One of my favorite parts of flying was that our take off from Canberra was early enough to catch a glimpse of the Hot Air Balloon Festival that was going on in Canberra. We saw about 8 hot air balloons flying high in the sky as we left our "home".
Upon arriving in Cairns, I couldn't help but notice the luscious green foliage and the beautiful flowering plants. This was a flower right outside of the door of our accommodation.
After unpacking, we NEEDED to have a coffee break! The girls had their babychinos and Matt had a special coffee.The cup-ring on Destiny's face was too funny to not take a picture! She looks thrilled about it too, doesn't she?!
Here is the beautiful bit of ocean we were staying by. Our "home for the week" was about 1 block from here :)
I came back from running along the beach on the first day I was there and mentioned to Matt that I felt a bit scared that a crocodile was going to come out and snap at me. This sign justified my fear!
And this is just the beginning of our vacation. Stay tuned for more...We have the Great Barrier Reef and the Rain Forrest coming up!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment