Monday, May 28, 2012

Mamma Mia Pizzaria

 Hey Friends!  It seems that our family has had a series of "traditions" that stick around for a while and then fade away.  Right now our "tradition" is PIZZA FRIDAY!  For the past couple of months, each Friday we make pizza.  It all started when I found a fabulous pizza crust recipe...the rest is history!  Last week, the girls got involved!
 Rollin' out the dough. (That really is a chef's hat on Destiny's head; not a Little House on the Prairie bonnet.)
 Saucing the pizza, and her tongue!
 I didn't say this was a "clean" tradition...the kitchen got quite messy and I think I may have finally swept up the last bit of flour this morning!
 Ready to go in the oven.  Cheesy pizza!
 mmmmmm.  Good!
I've been trying out different types of pizza for me and Matt.  This week I rolled with one of his favorites from a restaurant in Silverdale, Wa.  I made a thicker herb crust with parmesan cheese baked on it.  Toppings were: home made white sauce, prosciutto, black olives, spinach, pine nuts and mozzarella.  YUM! 

A special thanks to WEBE pizza in Williston, ND for teaching me how to make delish pizza!  Now it's become a family tradition (at least for this season in our life!)

Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment