Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Goodbyes stink

Hey friends!  I can't believe that I am now starting a series of goodbyes!  It seems like many of my best friends here in Oz arrived around the same time I did and will leave around the same time too.  The above picture is of Destiny and Addi with their twin friends!  Their mom has taught me so much and I feel so blessed to have had her in my life.  She has also knit me and the girls beautiful gifts.  I am so thankful for her friendship and for teaching me to make bread and pasta.  I loved practicing yoga with her too!  I will greatly miss her.
The other night we celebrated my friend Erica's departure from Canberra at my fave chocolate shop, Max Brenner.  Lots of pretty ladies gathered to show our appreciation for her friendship.  My girls also LOVED her sons and they will forever be like family to us.  I hope our lives cross paths again soon.
Erica opening her gift from all of us.  We each wrote down 5 words that make us think of Erica and her personality.  Some of the words were: beautiful, sunshine, California-girl, happy, blessed, amazing and mum.  Erica has been one of my best friends here in Oz and I so appreciate her friendship.
There may be one or two more good-byes that we have to say before it is our turn.  I am excited and sad all at the same time for our next adventure.  Australia has been an amazing chapter in our lives and I can't wait to turn the page to the next chapter!

Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment