Saturday, June 22, 2013

Aussie Memory Number 4

 Hey Friends!  One of my favourite things about Australia is the wildlife.  I love all of the animals and it has been a blast discovering them in nature parks, zoos, aviaries, and even in the wild!  I will never forget my special experiences with the wildlife here in Oz. 
 Our trip to Cairns brought many opportunities to meet and hold wildlife.  We held a couple of Koalas.  I got awfully close to a wombat. We saw a couple of snake-eating spiders in the rain forest and had a cockatoo greet us with a "hello" at a dinner we went to. 
 We have taken a few trips to a nature park called Tidbinbilla and we have really enjoyed watching the kangaroos, emus, platypus, and a variety of lizards.  Maybe even a snake or two...but I would like to forget about those!
 I love taking the kids to the aviary.  We feed the birds and they land on our shoulders, heads, or anywhere else they can land! 
 Although these photos are taken at the aviary, these birds follow me on my path as I run in the Summer.  With their bright colors, they bring cheer all over Canberra.
 Maybe she's not wild life, but I couldn't imagine Australia without or sweet Dusty girl!  It's unbelievable that she has been with Matt and I for 8 years now!  I love my daily walks with her.
 Feeding kangaroos at the Night Zoo in Cairns.
 Chooks (chickens) at a petting paddock in Batlow.  Destiny loved picking up the chickens there.  The kids have gotten to see so many animals here and I bet they will wonder where all the roos are when we move back to Washington.
This is one of my favourite pictures.  Kissing roos at Weston Park right here in Canberra.  Other animals that we have spotted in Canberra are possums, echidnas, bilbies, goannas, blue tongue lizards and shingle back lizards, spiders of all varieties (most could kill-ya!), pelicans, rabbits that life under our deck, and so much more!

Enjoy today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment