Sunday, January 15, 2012

Feeling Thankful

Hey Friends! After a two week hiatus from the Farmer's Market; we were back there this weekend and stocked up a bit. The FM was closed due to a huge car show/contest at the show grounds that hosts the FM. It was great to be back there; I always enjoy the accordion music as I stroll through all the stalls offering their delights. This week's specialties: corn on zee cob, 1/2 watermelon, chocolate chip muffin, beetroot, carrot, apple juice for the road, our usual apple juice and one head o' cauliflower! yum!

It's good to have the FM back for a couple of weeks before it closes down again for the Canberra Show (aka. fair)

In other foodie news: I made homemade chicken noodle soup for the first time ever. I even home made the noodles. It turned out SO.GOOD! I have continued to have it for lunch for the past several days too! I will definitely do that more often! We served it up with a "sorta" cob salad and some fresh outta the oven bread.

Today I am feeling very grateful. I told you all a while ago that this year I am keeping a "Gratitude Journal" where I write something I am thankful for each day. Here are a couple of recent entries.

I am thankful for my friend and yoga instructor. She has taught me so much. Each time I leave yoga with her, I feel more relaxed and like I have learned so much.

I am thankful for the seemingly never-ending stalls of fresh fruits and veg that I get to purchase to feed my family. I am so thankful that we have food on our table each day and that I have the perfect opportunity to "play" with food and learn new things about food.

I am thankful for clothing that I am so fortunate to hang on my line.

As I sit here and eat my peanut m and m's, I am thankful for my great Auntie Mona who once told me that peanut m and m's are health food...they have peanuts in them after all!!!

Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment