Thursday, January 12, 2012

You say Potato, I say Potato!

Potatoes:
I would eat them in a house
I would eat them with a mouse
I would eat them with a fox
I would eat them in a box
I would eat them here or there
I would eat them ANYWHERE!
(Thank you Dr. Suess for the inspiration!)

I crave potatoes, the whiter and creamier the better. The crazy thing is since starting my life transformation (losing 75 lbs) I have pretty much kicked white potatoes to the curb, but for some reason in the pregnancy that is ALL I want to eat!

Speaking of eating. I now am a firm believer in 4th meal. This is the meal I eat in bed right before I go to sleep. It usually consists of a peanut butter and jelly bagel or scrambled eggs (I'm strange...I already know this!) Thanks to my sweet husband (who got me into this mess ;) He is my "midnight" chef!
Here is a picture of me on New Year's Eve. 10 weeks along then. I am now about 12 weeks or so along.

I visited my general practitioner in order to get a referral to an OBGYN here in Canberra. The appointment went well. She gave me a due date of mid-July and sent me off for blood work. The funniest question she asked was, "Have you changed your eating habits?" (implying that I eat unhealthy on a regular basis). I said no and told her that I keep a pretty healthy diet all the time. However, in my mind I was thinking that I have let a few extra calories in knowing that I am going to gain some weight anyways. What's a handful of pringles and some extra banana bars every now and then :)
Fun little pregnancy facts this time around:
I have had zero morning sickness (I had it BAD with both D and A)
I am still jogging and thrilled to be doing that
The girls will tell anyone and everyone that "mommy has a baby in her tummy" (It will go over a lot better when my tummy actually starts to show a bit)
I am really tired at 7 PM every evening; and have missed out on tucking the girls into bed because I go to sleep before they do.
I have nearly 20 friends who are pregnant right now too; such a fun network to have!
That's all for today, but I look forward to telling you about my first appointment with my OBGYN that is next week!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment