Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Diner Dinner

 Hey Friends!  What do you think of this Aussie McDonald's advertisement?  The USA waffle cone = Liberty's New Flame?!?!  Hmmm.  McDonalds (affectionately called "Maccas" in Australia) is running a taste of the USA menu right now.  I saw this sign while I was waiting for my tram in Melbourne and thought it was interesting.
 One of my favorite parts of our trip to Melbourne was our discovery of an American Diner!  You have no idea how excited I was to see the Hot Pink and Teal building! 
 American Ketchup and American Mustard!  OOOOH so good! 
 The only thing that was not very American was the prices!  True to Australia, the Onion Ring Tower that we ordered was nearly 13 dollars!  I think I remember ordering a bucket of onion rights at one of my favorite restaurants in America for $5. ha!
 The girls loved the American flags that were flying in their meals!

 13 dollars worth of onion rings :)  You better bet we ate every last bit of them!
 A REAL THICK MILKSHAKE!  It was so yummy and was a peanut butter chocolate combo.  That's a combo you don't find often here.
 Matt was super excited about his bacon that was shipped from America. 
 We found a Wyoming license plate and...
a North Dakota one too! 

What a fun place to dine!  The waitresses even asked us if the food was legit.  We said it tasted just right and we left with full bellies and huge grins on our faces!  It just doesn't get any better than American comfort food!

Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment