Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bye Bye House

Hey everyone! Happy Wednesday!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am happily no longer a home owner!! What a relief! Here is a picture of my empty house! I still love those wood floors, but now they are there for someone else to enjoy!

I suppose some of you are wondering what our housing will be like in Australia. From what I understand, we are provided housing through the U.S. Embassy. It is likely that we will be housed in new construction in a suburb. Anyways, after owning an older home (1930) I would be so happy to have a brand new home. I swear I was constantly cleaning up 80 year old cobwebs in the basement! ha!

The girls enjoying some blueberries, bananas and crackers for breakfast on the living room floor! It was difficult living without furniture, but it really made me realize how fortunate we are to have all of the things we have. Sleeping on the floor isn't so bad for a few nights. Some people sleep on the hard, cold ground night after night.
This is all that was left and it fit into our Durango. We will be supplied through the summer with all of this and hopefully the airlines will let us check it all! ha! We'll probably end up mailing a package or two!



Here is the few of the mountains from our house. I'll miss you, mountains!

Dusty's last day in our backyard. Dusty loved to be the protector of our yard. She would sound off anytime someone walked down the alley. I am going to miss how Dusty would sit on the steps...she sits like a human, on her bum, with her legs out in front of her!


Yesterday, after signing paperwork for the house, we found an awesome bakery in Gig Harbor. They served the best sandwiches! Yum! Not only was it a great bakery, but also it was attached to a huge shopping center with stores that I actually LOVE! It was a fun day. After our unfruitful shopping spree (I can't buy anything because I would have to move or ship it), we headed over to Lili and Nick's house...We are so blessed by their hospitality. We have a great room that fits all of our stuff and us comfortably! Thanks to Lili and Nick for EVERYTHING!!!
Here is the yard that Dusty and Destiny get to run around in for the next month! Lucky Duckies!


Destiny had preschool again today! I must admit she likes being away from mommy more than mommy likes being away from her! She is growing up so much. Prior to leaving the classroom, I ask Destiny if she is ready for me to leave and she gives me a look like, "I was ready 10 minutes ago"! Ha! I'll get used to it!
This afternoon we are sitting in the sunshine in the beautiful yard (pictured above) and Destiny keeps handing me dandelions I think I have about 10 sitting here with me! She's such a sweetheart!
Addi is off taking a nap. She had a fun day running errands with mommy and even let mommy get in a little session at the gym! I got to ride a spin bike for a while. It was fun because I have spent the last 3 weeks doing INSANITY workouts. It was a nice break from INSANITY!
This evening we have a b-day party to attend and then it's off to bed and tomorrow morning will be a busy one!
Enjoy today!
Jill




No comments:

Post a Comment