Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would start this blog by introducing every one to my family and talking a bit about the name I chose for the blog.

Matt – is a submariner in the U.S. Navy. He has been in the Navy for 10 years. He has been on board the U.S.S. Seawolf for almost 3 years. His next duty station will be the United States Embassy in Canberra, Australia. In his spare time, Matt enjoys outdoor activities, working on projects around the house, and playing with his girls.








Jill (me) – is a homemaker/mommy! I love being able to stay home and watch my daughters grow up! I love arts (viewing and creating), outdoor activities, working out, cooking healthy food for my family and attending Navy functions.

Destiny – age: almost 3. Destiny is a curly-haired cutie pie! Every day she amazes me with all the things she remembers and new things she is learning. She is so excited to start pre-school on Monday!!

AddiSue – age: almost 1. Addi is in to EVERYTHING these days! She is a climber, a crawler, and almost a walker! She loves her family so much and has so much fun playing all day! She has 8 little teeth and the best smile in the whole wide world!

DustyRose – age: 7 or 8 (guesstimate! we got her at the humane society!) Dusty is our German Shepherd/Akita. She is our sweet guard dog! She is the protector of our alley! She is mommy’s running partner and is so gentle with the girlies.

Recently, we sold our house (closing on June 9th). We have many of our belongings packed and headed toward Australia and we are looking forward to a pack out next week of our items headed into long term storage. Our house looks so empty and bare…it almost seems like it isn’t our house any more.

One thing I have learned through the moving process is that a house is not a home…the people and your precious belongings is what makes a home. Home will follow me anywhere I go…my husband, daughters, dog and precious belongings like photographs and books are my HOME. (don’t forget my yoga mat and BOSU ball haha!)

So you may be asking…why does Jill want to blog?

I want to blog to keep everyone updated not only on the progress of our move, but on our lives in Australia. Of course I am worried out of my mind that I will lose touch with people in the states. This is a way that I can ensure that I am doing my best to keep in touch and keep people updated on us. I plan to include photos, our daily happenings, adventures, exciting new things that we encounter, recipes, workouts; along with; frustrations, struggles and other negatives that may occur with our move. I feel like writing things down may be a good outlet for me to debrief. Destiny and Addi don’t listen to me when I rant and rave. Neither does Dusty 
NAME: like a boomerang

Boomerang n. A flat, curved, usually wooden missile configured so that when hurled it returns to the thrower

Like a boomerang, our family is being “thrown” to Australia for a short time (3 years) and we will “return to the thrower” (the U.S.). It is important for me to look at this tour as a short-term tour. 3 years really is not that long and we will be back in the states before we know it!

Some days I am excited, others I am scared or nervous, and others I just don’t know what to think. My emotions are all over the board right now, but I am looking forward to new adventures for our family.

With that said, I welcome any questions or feedback. I would love for this blog to be a way to keep in touch with all of our friends and family.

Question 4 U: If you were to travel to Australia, what is one thing you would be sure to do while visiting?

Enjoy today!

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment