Sunday, June 13, 2010

Outta Sight...Outta Mind

Helloooooo Everybody!

This weekend has been great! We had a great dinner with friends last night and spent today cleaning up and packing for our upcoming trip to Colorado and Wyoming...I am so excited to attend Matt's 10 year reunion and visit so much of his family! The blog will most likely be out of commission for the next week or so. I'll be back atcha with some great pics of WY and CO.

So I guess I never really posted a pic of our old house....so here it is! Destiny would call it "us pink house" every time we drove up to it! She still talks about things at "us house".

So, Matt and I were talking in the car yesterday and we agreed that we have not spent much time thinking about our "old" house. I thought I will feel a bit depressed over the whole situation, but I feel happy and excited. I am happy we no longer will have the burden of caring for an older home.

I do avoid driving by it when I am in the neighborhood (which isn't often). I think it would be strange to see some one altering the house we worked so hard on, not that I would be bitter or hurt over it. I do realize our house will forever have projects and changes that need to be done, but it would be difficult for me to see a total transformation of it.

With that said, I am so excited for the buyer of the house. He has a cute home, great neighbors, and we fixed the majority of the BIG problems prior to him moving it...he's a lucky duck!

I thought I would be anxious about letting it go, but I think much of my anxiousness is at ease because I have such a wonderful place to stay. I mean, who wouldn't want to live with their best friend, right!?!?!

Well, I'm off to bed..Dest has pre-school in the morning so it's a long drive to Bremerton. Addi and I will run errands and Dusty will chill at the house with her bff Emmie! ha!

Enjoy today!
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment