Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chugga Chugga to Washington

Hi Folks!

Here comes the tail end of our journey to the States. We left the winter wonderland of North Dakota and headed toward a gray area...called Seattle!

Destiny and my mom walking along the train tracks waiting for the train to arrive.
Addi playing in our sleeping car.
The girls LOVE the sleeping car because they can be noisy and move around. It works out great at night too because we have beds to lay our pretty little heads on and sleep.
When we arrived in Seattle we walked from the train station to our hotel (that was no small task with our luggage). As soon as we got into the room, Destiny jumped into the bed for a rest. We stayed at the Westin, a hotel I have ALWAYS wanted to stay at!

The view from our hotel room! Looks a bit like "home"! We had the perfect view of Macy's, Nordstrom and Westlake! Yessssssssss!
Lili and I at Kell's Irish Pub in Post Alley Seattle.

The boys! Matt, Aaron and Nick
The next day we had a little get together with family and my cousin Lili's house. This picture is of Jordy being a "bunny rabbit in a cage" while Addi looks in at her. (It's amazing how she can fold up to fit inside a laundry basket!)
My cousin Frank, his wife Barrett and their sweet baby girl Korah came for a visit from Port Townsend.
My Auntie O and her two grandsons Pierce and Soren! They are getting so BIG and so much FUN!
My Auntie Dianne in her "house car". Auntie Dianne broke her ankle and has been in a wheel chair for a while now. Jordy calls her wheel chair "the house car"!
Me, Auntie Ora and Matt
Lili reading to the girlies.
Jordi and Destiny with Goodbye hugs.
Me and Lili with early morning goodbye hugs! So sad! BFF!
After we left my cousin's house we had to make one more stop. My favorite bakery in Kitsap County! Monicas!!!! Destiny had a valentine cookie.

Matt had a yummy cupcake!
After the bakery we headed off to Seatac and began our journey back to Oz!
It's great to be back in Oz but I sure do miss North Dakota and Washington.
As for the here and now: We are off to the fair today! I'm really looking forward to it. Destiny has been watching them put all the rides together (when we drive by) and she is getting excited too! Yesterday we went to a movie at the theatre...our first movie in Oz. It was a movie time set aside for mums and bubs. They keep the lights on and don't have the volume up quite as loud and it's cheaper (11 dollars per ticket...5 and under are free)! It was spectacular! The girls loved Gnomeo and Juliet (I did too!)
I'm off to get the girlies ready for the fair!
Enjoy today!

1 comment:

  1. I love Destiny's facial expression with her Monicas cookie! Perfect! Love you all! Wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete