Sunday, February 27, 2011

I have a little taco in me

Hola! Como Esta?

When I was pregnant with Addi I met a nice woman who had a little baby girl. This little girl had the prettiest complexion; she was tan as a baby. I told her mom that I loved the color of her skin and the mom said, "yeah, she has a little taco in her". That meant the baby was of Hispanic descent. Through my pregnancy I would tell people that "I had a little taco in ME" because I had Addi in my belly. Matt's father's family was originally from Spain so our girls are a bit Hispanic. People to this day, ask about Addi's skin color and I tell them that she has a little taco in her. It has become a saying that I like to use A LOT! haha! Anyways, I felt a little taco-ish this weekend so I decided to make tortillas from scratch. Easy right? YES!

Whole meal flour

mixed with butter and boiling water...a little salt too.


My Spanish husband and his mammoth grill.
and wa-la! Beautiful tortillas. Ok, so they are not perfectly round, but they tasted heavenly!
What's a tortilla without fish, lettuce, tomato, onion, black beans, green peppers, lemon and avocado ranch sauce?
My adventure of tortilla making just got EVEN better! I loved our fish tacos...I ate 4....no joke!
The next day we had a Mexican party to attend so we turned the left over tortillas into tortilla chips! They were extraordinary!
This is Addi at church. First she ate 5 pieces of watermelon so the childcare workers had to come get me for a change of clothes (watermelon is so juicy!). Then I put her in a new dress and she didn't want me to leave. So we went to a smaller room away from the other kids and she found a big chocolate roll! It all went in her mouth at once, leaving skid marks along her cheeks as it entered! **notice the piggy tails! so cute!


Tomorrow I'll be back at you with pictures from the fair! Make a memory today!
Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment