Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time Warpin'

Hello Blog--It's been a while. I'm happy to see your smiling face!!! Love, Jill

haha! I missed my blog during my hiatus, but I am happy I took a break. I feel rejuvenated and ready to blog away!

Hi Blog Friends :)

How is every body doing? I've been doing the time warp thing lately. It's a crazy thing to travel to the states and go back one day and then travel back to Australia and skip a day.

As many of you know, my family and I took a trip back to the states for my Grandpa's funeral. I am going to share our trip on the blog bit by bit. We took tons of pictures and have so many fun stories to share about our trip back "home"!

We arrived back to Australia yesterday and I feel quite at "home" here too. Dare I say I am happy to be driving on the wrong side of the road again?!!?! We had safe flights and no drama this time around. On our way to North Dakota, we had to change one of our flights and also lost our luggage for a few days.

Here are a few pictures from our trip to the states.

Matt brought home lovely bakery items that I devoured before leaving. Whoever decided lemon and passion fruit work together was genius!
This is Matt and Addi on the flight between Canberra and Sydney. They look so cozy and she just relaxed on him the whole flight. (it was a different story on the way home...I held her and she squirmed, screamed, cried, kicked, wiggled, and threw things)

my final "goodbye" picture of Dusty. Lucky Dusty got to stay put in our house. We had a friend come over and hang out with her on her off hours and another friend pop in midday to take Dusty out. Thanks Carly and Cheri! You girls are the BEST! When we arrived home, Dusty seemed to miss her new friends she made while we were gone. She was happy to see us though and sniffed our suit cases, burying her head in the clothes! ha!


This is Destiny on the airplane.
Waiting at an airport. Addi sitting in her car seat the wrong way. All in all the girls flew VERY well. There were at least two flights that people sitting behind us got up and said, "wow, I didn't even know there was a baby seated in front of us" when we landed.
We had a total of 5 flights before we finally landed in North Dakota. It was crazy to go from HOT to COLD! It was almost 100 degrees in Oz the day we left and it was in the negatives when we arrived in North Dakota!
As for the here and now, tomorrow the girls and I are hosting our play group for a Valentine's party. I am so excited to get back in touch with the ladies here! I'll be back tomorrow to let you know how the party went! For now, Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment