Monday, February 21, 2011

We like our lizards frilled NOT grilled

Hi Friends!

How are you doing today? I am a bit scattered with my schedule change since we arrived back in Australia. Add is only taking one nap now so that gives me a little less time to myself! However, I feel refreshed after a wonderful play group this morning. I am so happy that I have met some wonderful mommies in this area!


Let's take a step back in time:

When we were in North Dakota, my dad had Destiny and Addi join him at the gym while his basketball players had an open gym. Destiny loved playing with all of the gym equipment. She especially loved the hula hoops and balls!
Both the girls got in on the action!
While we were in ND, we had the opportunity to visit my Great Auntie Mona many times. She is such a wonderful and beautiful woman. Here are some of the pictures of us at her house.
Addi reading a book on her couch.
Mona reading to Destiny about the Church Mouse.
Me, Add, Mona, and Destiny. Mona is so special to me. She used to watch me when I was a young girl. I remember making forts out of a mattress and blankets strung over a clothesline. I also remember getting juicy fruit gum from her husband and sitting on his lap watching Lawrence Welk as he smoked his pipe. Such wonderful memories! I hope some day I am as beautiful of a woman as my Great Auntie Mona is!
The last day that we went to visit Mona, Destiny had a BAD accident and I didn't have a change of clothes. Next best thing: A towel and safety pins! Nice skirt, eh?


In the here and now:
Best juice EVER = cucumber apple juice! I love my juicer! If you have a juicer you should try this combo! (also, if you have cucumbers growing ALL over your garden...you should try this combo!)
On President's Day, we took a little trip to Civic (the down town area) and ate at the Pancake Parlor. This is Addi at the table next to us, which is a JUMBO table set up for a game of Chess.
The Pancake Parlor had all of the charm and character that I was looking for! The menu wasn't too shabby either, they offer organic flour and organic meats. In my book, you just can't beat that!
Destiny had fancy pancakes, served with ice cream, hundreds and thousands (sprinkles) topped with chocolate and an Aussie flag! CORRECTION: the UK flag! haha! My friend informed me that this is not the Aussie flag and at a closer look...it indeed is NOT! haha! Thanks, Dianne! Next time I'll use my brain before I type :)
I rolled with hot chocolate with yummy marshmallows, crepes that were to die for! Matt had a cold chocolate drink and Canadian pancakes ?!?!
After breakkie we took a little walk to the National Museum. (okay, actually it was a LOOOONG walk from the Pancake Parlor). We met this fellow on our way. He was a little camera shy.
I laughed out loud at this...but it is pretty serious. It was an exhibit about bush fires.
Destiny with a stuffed roo. Notice it's toe claws! Yikes!
Destiny's model pose!
In the kids area of the National Museum. The girls created a house via the computer and we got to watch it in 3D in a movie!
Destiny wanted me to take a picture of her at play group today and put it on the blog. Here it is...a bit foggy but you can tell it was a beautiful day to get out and play!
I hope you all are having a beautiful day as well! I'm off to get a few chores done as the girlies nap away!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment