Saturday, February 11, 2012

Run for your Life!

Hey Friends! 17 weeks already! Hard to believe that bubby has been swimming in my belly for over 4 months! Such an incredible blessing. This picture was taken of me just after a special run that I completed. I am so happy to still be running and there was a good {no great} cause to run this Saturday at 9 AM. Here are the details of why I was running: www.shutupandrun.net


I'll do my best to tell a bit of the story below.Here is the very first pictures I saw of this lovely woman; a teacher/friend/mother/wife/sister/auntie/daughter/runner. My heart was especially touched by her story because she lives in a small town near my home town. I was also touched because, although I have never considered myself a "runner"; I am a runner too. I run multiple days a week so I guess that puts me in the "runner" category :) I'll give you a little fly-by of the story. Sherry went out for a run one morning around 6:30 AM (I am ALWAYS out either walking my dog or running at 6 AM). She was abducted and later evidence lead to the belief that she was killed by two men who are in custody. The whole story is bizarre and sad for such a small town. As I have seen the story unfold on Facebook and news agencies, I have felt compelled to "do something" about it! When the opportunity to run and "remember" Sherry came about, I couldn't pass it up. What a wonderful time to honor a woman who truly deserved some honor; especially after a horrible death.



While I ran my typical 5K around Lake Burley Griffin, I was so very thankful for multiple "safe" places to run in Canberra and for "safe" neighborhood. I am also thankful for my walking buddy (Dusty dog) who sometimes keeps me safe by barking at passersby. I prayed for her family and especially her children. This time must be SO very difficult for them. Her husband's heart must be aching too. I hope that the message of Sherry's life {as it is portrayed on the Internet} can be a wonderful example of how to live. It seems as though she worked hard as a teacher, loved her family and community, and knew how to take care of her body and have fun.

*******
I spent another bit of my run thinking of my mother's good friend who passed away this week. She was an exceptional lady who left behind two sons and a husband (along with much extended family). They are all on my heart and mind as well. My mom's friend, Jayne, died of a fairly long, hard battle with cancer. She was a beautiful woman; quick to volunteer to help with whatever she could, hardworking, and strong in her faith.

So in a way, I guess I was running in honor of Sherry AND Jayne.

Here is some information on Sherry:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Sherry-Arnold/310293542342409

Here is some information on Jayne:
http://www.eversonfh.com/ObituaryDisplay.aspx?ID=469


***
Enjoy today! Take some time to think upon something wonderful and special; say a little prayer for these two exceptional ladies' families.

No comments:

Post a Comment