Thursday, November 10, 2011

Going Under for the Girls

Hey Friends! I know, I know...I'm supposed to be working on scrap booking (according to my goals) but I just can't keep myself out of the kitchen! Last night I wanted to try something new and exciting; so I made a delicious dinner! Adventure number 1: hot out of the oven sweet potato biscuits made with wholemeal spelt flour and sweet potato puree. They turned out really great and it was fun to try a new recipe!

The second culinary adventure of the night: Curry Carrot Soup topped with Curried Pumpkin Seeds from our jack-o-lanterns!

The meal turned out delish, plus it was fun to cut the biscuits in the shape of a pumpkin because they were an orangish color! I so enjoyed making this meal and eating it too!




Today, the girls and I had to make up a swimming lesson that we missed. I bet you were wondering when the title would come into play. I really don't like going under the water unless I *HAVE* to; mostly because my hair is long and if I can avoid getting it wet I will. However, today, I went under for the girls! Destiny and Addi loved that I went under the water and it even encouraged Destiny to go under too! Addi, not so much!

Here the girls are in their swim gear + wizard wand. Destiny keeps asking for swim glasses! ha! I think it's so cute!

My all time fave: the swim cap! Any child instantly looks like an alien! A really cute alien that is!

Addi and her tongue! She has been a challenge at swimming lessons and I think we made a break through today! I am excited to say that she said "hi" to her teacher (she always gives her teacher dirty looks), and she loved floating on her back with me! It was a great accomplishment!


Tomorrow is open swim if the girls are awake for it! I think it would be fun for Matt to join in too if he is off work early enough!


Well, it's nap time around here so that means it's time for this momma to get some work done!


Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment