Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Queen of the Roses

Hello Friends! Happy Monday here in Oz! I hope your weekend is ending nicely in the U.S.!

The girls have enjoyed watching the Aussie tv show "The Wiggles" since before we even moved here. One of their favorite songs from the show is about Dorothy the Dinosaur and how she is "The Queen of the Roses". I often catch Destiny singing, "clap hands for the Queen of the Roses!" while she happily claps her hands and sways right and left.

This week I have felt a bit like a Rose Queen! I stumbled upon my fallen down rose bush one morning while I started on a walk with Dusty dog. Since it was completely on the ground, I decided it needed a little help. I lifted it up and cut down a bunch of the extra roses that were making it heavy! The sweet-smelling roses found a place in my house...actually multiple places in my house! The are beautiful and smell so good!

Here is the one in my dining room. There are a total of 6 vases filled with roses in my house!

Master bathroom!

2 vases in the kitchen!

Here are my rose bushes! The fragrance in amazing when you walk into our front walk way.

A few nights ago I went on another culinary adventure. Stuffed Squash Blossoms.

Veggie Kabobs and Salmon wrapped in foil.


The squash blossoms were stuffed with triple pepper cheese and some other goodies and then fried like a healthy mozzarella stick! yum!


Here are some of the other flowers in my yard. The cheeky Parakeets love to eat them!


Addi with a rose that I picked for her.




Today we are off to dance class and then a special lunch date/doggy play date! It should be VERY fun!

Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment