Sunday, November 6, 2011

Let me tell ya 'bout the dogs and the bees

Hey hey Friends! Happy Day Light Savings time in the U.S. [an extra hour of sleep sounds nice to me!]

We had a wonderful weekend [even though Matt worked all weekend]. The girls and I were off on adventures. A trip to the farmer's market and the baby and kid market. We scored some awesome veggies, fruit, eggs, barbies for the girls and new dance shoes! yay! Sounds like a successful day! In the afternoon, the girls and I took a trip to the pool for open swim. It was a blast! Destiny trucked around on a noodle in the pool for nearly an hour. *funny story about the pool noodle. Destiny asked Addi if she would like to try the "noodle" and Addi said, "sure!" and took a bite right out of it! We all laughed so hard! Sunday was spent at home [Destiny had a fever ALL day] so I was able to spend time spring cleaning the LAST room in my house! The office.] Now, I only have the garage left. yay!

Before I tell ya 'bout the dogs and the bees, I want to show you how this handsome pumpkin became my dinner!

I love the up-side-down mustache! FANCY!

Make a lovely meat and rice mixture and pop it in the oven.

Out it comes...roasty, toasty and delicious! Although eating a whole roasted pumpkin was tempting, I decided to make it into a puree and it quickly became pumpkin bread and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! Yum!

The girls playing "doctor" at Questacon, the science center.

Cooking "muffins" at Questacon.

All ready for story time at the National Botanic Gardens.


Now it's time to talk about dogs...one in particular! Her name is Dusty and she is losing her winter coat. That pile of fur is all off of my furry gal. yikes! Today we get to take Miss Dusty to the vet to have her hearing checked. We are unsure if it selective or lost. We'll keep you posted.

Next topic...bees. Matt started mowing the lawn a couple of days ago and he found this loveliness in our yard! Bees! Boy, we quickly learned more about bees than we ever wanted to know. It turns out they were on our tree; mating and looking for a new place to live. This new place to live would not be on this tree so the key is to catch them before they make a home in or on your house. So we hired a bee keeper who came over a few times in the past couple of days and the issue seems to be taken care of (cross your fingers!)

SO many bees!


Well, the girls and I are off to bike ride to the park for a bit. I have sleeping beauty and minnie mouse with me today...I wonder how many smiles we will get from people we pass! :)


Enjoy today!


No comments:

Post a Comment