Friday, November 11, 2011

It was THAT kind of Saturday!

Hey Friends! Just to let you know 11.12.11 is WAY better than 11.11.11 :) It's been THAT kind of Saturday. The kind that is as close to perfect as it can possibly be with a 2 year old and 4 year old. Here is our day in Pictures:
A trip to the Farmer's Market proved to be very productive: Apple juice, asparagus, eggplant, carrots, red capsicum, salad mix, BIG BEANS?!?, cucumbers, cauliflower, avocado, squash blossoms (that will be stuffed with cheese tonight!), cherries, strawberries, garlic, cherry tomatoes, bagels (wholemeal, cheese and jalapeno cheese, some sort of stone fruit (fuzzy and kind of a green and red color...smells delicious!) and tomato! I bet you wish your counter top was filled with all of this loveliness!

After the Farmer's Market, we headed over to a big sale at St. Vincent de Paul's (Vinnie's). It was a warehouse sale so we found some awesome goodies for only 8 dollars! A picture frame, 2 games, 1 puzzle, 11 hats, 3 pairs of gloves and 6 pairs of socks! I am using the hats gloves and socks to make the girls an advent calendar! (I'll wash them first, of course!)

Next, it was time for a picnic at the park. I hopped on my bicycle with the girls and a fresh farm food picnic in tow and we landed at Mullion Park. The girls loved munching on cherries, cucumbers and bagels from the market.


They were very excited to see "double" cherries!

Addi munched an orange too! When I asked her to show me...she opened her mouth right up! (not what I expected!)

My double cherries

Addi pulled out 4 cherries at once! She was ecstatic!

Time to play a bit!

Swinging is Addi's favorite!

Finally HOME!



It's nap time now so time for this momma to get work done!

Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment