Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Goals : Revisited

Hello Friends! It's so hard to believe that November marks the anniversary of me moving to Australia. I feel as though I have learned so much in my time here; however, I have an urgent feeling like there is so much more to be learned and explored! We only have 2 more years left here and we need to take advantage of our time in Oz.

So, for the past couple of days, I have been pondering over my goals that I set before moving here. Here is the blog post that I made when I set my goals:












One of my first goals was to make my own bread. Which ended up being quite a good goal as the bread on the shelves here is quite pricey and spoils quickly.




Some of the breads I have made have been yummy quick breads such as banana or pumpkin, others have been yeast breads including a really nice cheese stuffed one. I have also ventured into making tortillas and naan.

Much to my surprise, my friend made pasta for a function at her house. It was the BEST pasta I have ever eaten. She taught me how to make it and now I don't have to spend a fortune at the farmer's market for fresh pasta!

One of my other goals was to make fish. We have made fish quite a few times trying many varieties! I am so happy to have that under my belt too! So far I'm doing quite well on my culinary goals :)


This is where my goals get a little hairy. I want to travel Australia and see all of it; which is a difficult thing to do as it is quite big! I have been to Sydney a few times, and the beach a couple. We have been to a handfull of nature reserves; however, I am still looking forward to a vacation to the Great Barrier Reef, Ayer's Rock (we'll see if that happens), Tasmania, and so on!




Locally, I am setting a goal to visit all of the nature reserves/parks in our area. There is so much to see and do here! I don't even have half of them crossed off my list!


I also mentioned holding a baby wombat as a goal...now I think I would rather hold a Koala, but I may need to travel up to the sunshine coast to do that ;)



One goal that has fallen even farther behind is my scrap booking. The scrapbook world still does not know Addi Sue and she's over 2! aaaaah! So much scrap booking to do. I think I am finally semi-organized and ready to start! We may have to start a crafting day each month! Who's in?


Another new goal, is for me to stretch or practice yoga daily. I just feel so much better when I do this so I need to make it a habit.



My final goal: eat as many meat pies while I'm down under as possible! (okay, maybe not, but I do enjoy an occasional meat pie!...you would too!)




Well, today brings swimming lessons and a good chance to weed the garden after the storms yesterday!




Enjoy today!




P.S. Dusty's vet appointment checked out great! We were worried about her hearing, but she is ALL good there! The vet said that she probably has a little bit of loss, but most of it is just selective! She's a cranky old lady! :)

*All the photos on this page were taken from Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment