Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Shaking Hands with the President

Hey friends! For the past few days I've had a dilemma. It's a pretty big deal. My dilemma was: What shall I wear when I meet President Barak Obama. Is it going to rain or roast? Will I need a hat? Umbrella? Sunscreen? Sunglasses? So many questions for such an important (once in a lifetime) event!

Clearly, I have had the girls outfits picked out for days:
They were SO excited to meet the President.

Destiny's pose.

For the longest time I think Addi was expecting a "present" not the President.


Upon our arrival the girls received flags to wave. We luckily missed all of the traffic blocks and were within the first 20 people to arrive. That guaranteed us Front Row and a possible handshake with President Obama!

This was the first time that the girls have seen Matt in over 3 days. He has been very busy taking care transportation related to the President's visit.

Destiny tried my hat on for size!

Addi tried Destiny's sweater on as a hat. We arrived at least 3 hours prior to the President...things got a little goofy with a 2 year old and 4 year old and not much room to run!

Our fantastic spot. Front row! The podium near me is where the President spoke.

At one point, Addi whispered to me, "I love the President" and "I'm so excited" as she waved her American flag.

The Ambassador giving his speech and introducing the President.

They had a children's area for kids over the age of 6 and we just happened to be standing next to it! Mr. President came over to that area after his speech and gave all the kids hand shakes and took a photo with them. Instead of saying cheese, they all said "cheers". I thought that was a cute way for Obama to "relate" to Australia.





Addi during the speech. (Obama in the back ground)

Destiny with President Obama in the background.



"Cheers!"


After this photograph with the children, President Obama made his way over by us and shook hands with each of us. He bent down to Destiny and said, "I don't want to miss you" and he patted Addi's little belly.


Bucket List Item Number 278 = Completed!

Shake hands with the President. Check!


Enjoy today!


No comments:

Post a Comment