Saturday, July 10, 2010

FingerPainting...Starring: Destiny and Jordi!! with special appearances by Mac and Addison!

Hello!

This morning/afternoon have been great. Pretty easy going here. The day started off with a nice run for me. Then we headed to church; the girls did not want to leave the nursery! Since church, we have just been lounging around and planning for my sister's bridal shower! There will be more to come on that later!

I was so excited to do this post because I know the special bond between cousins and it is so much fun to witness my daughter and her "cousins" playing like I played with my cousins. First off, here are a couple of quotes :

"God made us cousins, because he knew our moms couldn't handle us as sisters." -Anonymous
The above quote makes me think of my cousin Lili. I am so lucky to have found such a wonderful friend/cousin/sister/kindred spirit in her.

"Cousins are many. Best friends are few. What a rare delight to find both in you." -Anonymous

Here are a couple oldy pictures that reminded me of the pictures that I took of Destiny and Jordi together! This is a picture of Me, my cousin Ted, and my cousin Lili enjoying some ice cream cones at my grandparent's farm near Towner, ND.

Here we are in the tub...gotta clean up after those sticky cones!! (Ted and Lili: sorry for the nudey pic! Ha!)
Here are the three girlies in the tub! It was so much fun for me to recreate such a wonderful time shared between cousins.
Here is our finger painting adventure! Jordi and Grandma Dianne are starting out with some yellow paint.
Destiny rolled with her favorite : BLUE!
Big brother MAC had to step in to show the girlies how it was done!
He's practically a pro!
Dirty hands!

While the kids painted, the dogs played. Dusty and Dakota had a blast!
Addi enjoyed some sunshine on the deck.
Funny hat!
The girls had VERY messy hands (and clothes and EVERYTHING!)
Time to wash up!
Addi joined in the splashing!
After painting, the girls worked on their dance moves while I enjoyed a chat with Auntie Dianne.
I sure miss chatting with Auntie Dianne, hope you are doing well! After the dance, it was time for some rest so we headed home to take a nap! What a fun day! Destiny really misses her Jordi and Mac!
BONUS PIC ** Here's a pic of Destiny in an outfit that her "uncle" mikey gave to her after being deployed in Afghanistan. She loves her uncle mikey!

I'm off for now!
Enjoy today!

















2 comments:

  1. aw! i have tears running down my face! Those are awesome pictures! I love you all and am SO lucky to have you in my life! XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. from my mom - "thanks for the trip down memory lane. We had fun finger painting too. Enjoyed all the pictures."

    ReplyDelete