Thursday, July 8, 2010

My...oh....My Mona

Good evening!



I hope every one's day was as wonderful as mine. I have decided to embrace every second I have left in the U.S. I want to take full advantage of my time spent in Williston. I don't want to run myself ragged, or be too busy to enjoy the time I have with people. That said, I want to live in the moment and not live with the feeling of, "I'm leaving in a few months." So here is my first day with my new attitude!



This morning we paid a visit to my great auntie Mona's house. We call her SUPER great auntie Mona because she is just that special! I love her and I love visiting her house. Oh the stories she tells are so great and I love being able to be her hands and feet as I run around a do a few chores for her as we visit.

Here are the girlies in their cute matching outfits! Thanks to Grandma Sue they look so cute! They were sitting next to each other, eating crackers, and putting their heads on each other's shoulder! Sisterly love!


My favorite flowers that grow in my Mona's yard. I call her my Mona because that is what Destiny calls people she really likes. She'll say "my Pa" or "my Sue"...It's so sweet. So Mona is "my Mona".

Auntie Bekki and I took the girlies to the pool for a swim! What a great day! Enough cloud cover that none of us got burned by the sun! Destiny loved splashing around with the other kiddos and met a new friend named Makaya! Addi used the little floaty ring and walked around the whole pool! It's sad to say it folks, but my girlies are growing up more and more each day!

On the way home from the pool Addi crashed. She was sooooo tired!


Shortly after we arrived home from the pool we had a knock at the door. To our surprise my cousin's were over for a visit! My cousin Hank from Towner, ND (where my dad was born and raised) and my cousin Robin and her daughter Kaylee stopped by.

Destiny and Kaylee became friends over leftover candy from the 4th of July parade and soon were playing with the little people collection.


Destiny and Pa were in charge of the grilling tonight. Yummy veggies and Kabobs were on the menu! My mom is such a great cook! Nothing like eatin' momma's home cookin'!

DustyRose enjoyed the sunshine today and the yummy smell of the kabobs cooking away. Dusty has been out of sorts since our arrival here. She does not want to leave the yard at all. I try to take her on walks and she stops, dead in her tracks and turns for home. Well, tonight we were able to get a little farther than we have the last few nights and I hope this means that she is feeling a little more comfortable here. I have been worried sick over this. If anyone has some advice I would love to hear it!

Destiny took a pit stop from cooking to water Grandma's flowers.


Now the girls are sound asleep and I am headed to dreamland too!


Enjoy today (or tonight in this case)

Jill

1 comment:

  1. I love your blogs! It must be a child thing to put my in front of people they love! A lot of the kids I teach say "my Kratky" when they talk about me to each other or to their parents or even when they talk to me! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete