Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bird is the Word

Happy Thursday (Wednesday in the States)!! If you know me, I bet you never would have guessed I would have ended up with a bird on my shoulder... Let alone a bird on each of my shoulders.
I'm smiling in the above pictures BUT...
This face shows how I REALLY felt. I have had a few bad experiences with birds so I have a minor fear of the winged, eye pecking creatures. (no, my eye has never been pecked, but it's possible!)


Yesterday morning, I found myself at the walk-in aviary in Gold Creek here in Canberra. Some of the play group mommas said they wanted to meet up there so I put it on the calendar and showed up for an experience of a lifetime!
We got some apples and worms to feed the birdies. We were the first ones there and the birds were hungry...that meant the birds swarmed over our heads and dive bombed our bowls of food/head/eyes. Just kidding about the eyes.
Destiny with her worms...yes, they were alive...yes, they were gross!
Pretty birdie


Addi loved looking at the birdies...she had a relaxing bit of time in her stroller as we walked around.


So there ya have it! Me and Birds in the same blog...Don't expect to see it EVER again :)


I think this is the year for me to over come all of my fears! Starting with moving to the other side of the world, driving on the left side of the road, having to start over with a new group of friends, and having a birdie on my shoulder.


On a side note, the bird that hung out on my shoulder the longest (about 10 minutes or so...seemed like HOURS) nuzzled me and sang sweet songs in my ear...I may have wanted to take him home for a second...but then rethought that! haha!


Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment