Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lest We Forget

Hello!

Our Easter was quickly followed by Anzac day: Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand, and is commemorated by both countries on 25 April every year to honour the members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli in Turkey during World War I. It now more broadly commemorates all those who died and served in military operations for their countries. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_Day)

We met up with Matt's boss and his wife and Dusty's BFF Boomer for a walk.
A view of Parliament

A roo, saying "g'day"


View of Lake Burley Griffin

View of Matt's work area. (the tower looking thing is the area in which Matt's office building is located)

We had to stop off for a drink. Destiny and the pups were thirsty!

We ended up at the War Museum, which was the location of the Anzac day ceremonies earlier that morning. We looked upon the wreaths that were left behind in remembrance.

Some of the native flowers are simply stunning.



Time to head home

Later, we made some yummy bread. I'm talking about the BEST bread we have EVER made. It's white, pure white and stuffed with gouda goodness! Healthy? NO, but it's delish.

Seriously...that came from my oven :)

The girls ate some special marshmallow cupcakes sent from their sweet auntie in the states.

yum!

While Matt and I enjoyed some Vegemite on toast! I like Vegemite...Matt, not-so-much!



This morning has been busy, I woke up and called my dear Super Great Auntie because she has been on my mind. It was so great to speak with her. She's a breath of fresh air, always so positive and one of my favorite people on the whole planet! I just love her! Now, the girls and I are off to the Botanical Gardens to do a trail and then we have a pot luck for work. Always busy, but having oh so much fun!


Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment