Sunday, April 17, 2011

Zoo-mba!

Hello Bloggy Friends! I'm a few days behind! I hope you will forgive me and my tardiness! Here it is: The Sydney Zoo Blog! But first, I have to give a BIG shout out to my Washington family as they are celebrating Easter today in a royal way: good food, egg hunt, great family time! I am missing you all so very much this time of the year (and every other time of the year!) Here goes: We took a ferry over to the zoo. Then we hopped on a sky rail to take us to the top of the zoo! Me, Addi, The BEST babysitter in the world and Destiny!
We rode in this little box up, up and up!
First stop: Australia. These guys posed for us! It's amazing! The emu walked over by the Wallaby and sat down next to him and then they both just stared at me and one other man taking pictures!
Next stop: The Tasmanian Devil. Addi and him had a great fondness for one another. She got down right next to the glass seperating him from us and he ran right over to her. Maybe he thought she was road kill?
Cute little guy, eh?
The girls found a funny out house. I told them Grandpa Mac and Grandma Millie used to have one on their farm. I was always a bit afraid of it!
Addi liked the sheep.
One ram wanted me to take him home. I had to tell him my car was too small for hauling him.

These cheeky birds pestered us through our entire lunch. They are NOT shy. They hop right on your plate and ask if you would like to share!
Pelicans are very interesting creatures. Their beaks are amazing!
The view of Sydney Harbor from the Zoo.
Ducks for Addi. (they are her favorite!)
The Giraffe was Destiny fave.
Crocodiles...no it's not real! I would never set Addi down next to a real one! Geez people, what kind of a mom do you think I am!?!?!
Time to ride back down. Beautiful view.
It was a wonderful, exciting, exhausting day. The girls loved seeing all of the animals! I would suggest a trip to the zoo to any one! It is lovely all around!



Today marks a new adventure in Destiny's life. Her first dance class! She is super excited and so am I! In true Jill-fashion, I will take pictures!


Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment