Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Christmas in April

Hello Friends!

How are you doing today? I am enjoying a piece of apple cake for brekkie right now! {Thanks, Betty, for the best apple cake in the world recipe!} It's such a healthy breakfast, there are apples, eggs and I even used some whole wheat flour in it!

I bet you are wondering what we have been up to this past week. Well, this blog will tell you the story of our week!

I taught Destiny different tricks and ways to play with a balloon. She came up with this one on her own ;)

The girlies got a package from my mom and sis filled with Easter goodies including Lollipops!


Destiny and I had date night. We did art together! Above is Destiny's creation. Below is mine:



Saturday always brings a stop off at the farmer's market. The goods: 2 gigantic beets, bacon, avocado, baby bananas, a refill on our macadamia oil, fresh pasta and bagels. Yum! Gotta love the market!

We attended a story time at the National Botanical Gardens here. The girls made bilby masks. We now know a secret...there is no Easter bunny in Australia, but there is an Easter Bilby!

Matt met us there after story time for some coffee and lunch!

Addi and Matt.

Bilby Destiny

Then, the Best Day of my Life happened! I got a package from my cousin Lili!!! It's my x-mas gift from her!

Bobby Flay's Mesa Cookbook. Funny story behind it: Lili and I tried to eat at his restaurant Mesa in Vegas 2 times while we were there in October and didn't want to wait so ditched out on it. After seeing the recipes in this book, I wish we would have waited it out and ate there. The food looks so good! Now I will make it at home!

Other goodies she sent: dark chocolate peanut m and m's, Lili, have I ever told you that I love you!?!?!

Larabars and Clif bars! Yesssssss!

Organic Dark Chocolate :)


The girls also got a special movie and some drawings from thier cousin Miss Jordy! Thank you Jordy! We miss you! We LOVE getting mail from the states!!!!

Destiny with her Easter eggs that she made in Sunday School.



Life has been busy for us lately!


Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment