Sunday, May 29, 2011

Choo Choo

Howdy! How was your weekend? Ours wrapped up fairly nicely. Happy Memorial Day (a day early). Guess who's working today? You got it! Matt is. It was supposed to be a 4 day weekend for him, but it ended up being a BUSY 2 day weekend.



I have been hidden behind a box of tissues most of the weekend. I've been sick! I never get sick! It started with no voice and now it's just constant nose blowing. I am not much of a drug taker, so I am doing things pretty naturally. A good friend told me about Manuka honey so I have started taking that and have been using my essential oils and the neti pot. Sounds like a blast, huh?





This is what I missed out on:





Destiny and Matt had a daddy daughter date to a birthday party (Matt went in my place)! Destiny LOVED every minute of the party. She had fun picking out the gift (all by herself) She insisted on trains (because her friend LOVES trains, tim tams (because they are her favorite), and gummy teeth (because she's a little bit weird...she takes after her dad!) All that wrapped up in some Elmo paper, 2 bows and we were good to go!





She brought home the best party favors! A little car, a book about trains for herself and one for Addi too, and I can't forget coloring crayons, and my favorite {sarcasm} a train whistle! (funny story about things like whistles and noise makers in general...if Destiny has one and I'm ignoring her when she is trying to tell me something (for the millionth time) she will blow the noise maker repeatedly until I answer...not only will she blow it repeatedly, but she will continue to move closer to me with every blow.)




The birthday party was held at a mini railway station. Destiny loved riding on the train, she has been talking about her time at her friend's birthday all day. Here some of the kiddos are looking out for a train. Destiny is in the brown coat; she insisted on wearing a dress because it was a PARTY!






They had a great time while Addi and I hung out at home.






This week is another busy one, but not as crazy as last week. I should be around on a more consistant basis {don't hold your breath though! ha!}






Enjoy today! It's dance class Monday and you know I can't get enough of that cuteness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment