Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Perfect Marriage

Hey all of you fun people! You look beautiful today! I wish I could really see you!

How was your night last night? I have to tell you a bit about mine. I went to a movie with my girl friends. We saw Water for Elephants and I loved it. I haven't read the book so I can't compare it to the book, but the film is really wonderful. After the movie, we found ourselves at a chocolate shop (surprise, surprise!). It was a great night. I am so thankful for my friends and I am excited about getting to know all the new ladies that I have met recently! What a fun group!

I am practically jumping off this seat because I am so excited to tell you about the fantastic day I am having. It's nearly noon...and I'm still in sweats! haha! This morning started off with a run and then a quick trip to the store (of course the lady in front of me had 2 trolley (cart) loads and there was only one check out open, but it was sure nice to shop in a grocery store that was NOT busy!!!) After the store, we popped off to the bakery to reward the girls for being so good...I bought them a finger bun to share. In their usual fashion, they licked off the frosting and told me that they do not like the bread part. (What's not to like, it's white, sugary, and oh so yummy!)

After the store, a friend came over to do some birthday bash planning...it's going to be epic. I'll let ya all in on a little secret...I'm the proud new owner of a large bouncy house and trampoline! yippee!

After planning, the girlies got dressed and we headed off to the very first story time at the brand new library in Gungahlin (our main hub where we do our shopping, Harrison has no shops but Gungahlin is right down the road)
It's a beautiful library. So new. So modern. So large. It's a really great place.

I have some silly news. Destiny has her very first crush and it's on the librarian pictured with the book above. Every time we see him outside of story time, she giggles and gets bashful. Since the old library shut down a few weeks ago and this is our first time in the new library, Destiny hadn't seen him in a while. Today it nearly took her breath away to see him again. She gasped and smiled so big I thought she would burst with happiness.

This library story time is nothing like the ones I attended in the states. Sure, there are books, songs, art projects, and silly little skits by the librarians. However, the group is huge. I couldn't even count how many people were there. I would say at least 75 moms, dads, and kids! HUGE!

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret...you can't tell anybody...are you ready?


I stopped at the bakery AGAIN after story time. Yep. 2 times today. I was jealous of the girl's finger bun this morning so I needed to go get a little bit of yumminess for myself. I tried something new. I got the girls their standard cheesy rolls (they would eat them for every meal if I let them!) and I got myself a cheesymite roll. Cheese + Vegemite = the Perfect Marriage. It was incredible. I couldn't shove it in my mouth fast enough!


I think I need a big dose of fruit and veg and I'll be just set for the rest of my busy day!


Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment