Monday, May 2, 2011

Doing the Gnocchi Pokey

Hello Friends! How is your day going? We are off to a fun play group far-far away from us this morning. This will be a record for me...driving farther south than ever before...relying on the GPS more than I like to. Kuddos to me for stepping out there with a spirit of exploration :) (You know this really is a pep talk to myself that I AM going to do this ;) haha! Sometimes a little encouragement to myself on the blog goes a long way!





Yesterday I spent the WHOLE afternoon baking (and chatting on the phone with some of the people I love the most)!





The morning was spent at Dance class....they always end Destiny's dance class with the Hokey Pokey...yesterday afternoon, I did something more like the Gnocchi Pokey :)





Wholemeal White Chocolate Berry Muffins made with yogurt!



What chocolate macadamia nut cookies (the recipe claimed they are better than Subway's...Matt said they were too!)





My first sour dough bread baking with potatoes for gnocchi.



pretty pears and limes {for a special day this week!}




Peanut butter...the blue dish is not very flattering, but the peanut butter is delish!



Bread!




Gnocchi! (which was easier than I thought it would be!)



The whole meal put together: Salad of pears, walnuts, and Camembert cheese. Beets fried in butter and salt. Gnocchi with a burnt butter sage sauce. Sour dough bread and celery (for health reasons!)


SO good!


We are off to "explore"!


Enjoy today!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Odd to know that I made bread yesterday too. I didnt take a picture though.... YOur meal looks great and I like that youre so brave to adventure on the other side of the driving road!!! :)

    ReplyDelete