Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Day to the Mums!!

Hello Friends! Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there!

Here is how my mother's day went:

Destiny and Addi planted me an Australian Plant at the National Botanical Gardens.

Addi claimed it as her own...then later, Dusty knocked it over...it's chances of survival are slim, but it's sweet none-the-less.


Remember the biscotti from yesterday's post? Guess who "helped" me make it!



Mother's day morning started with brekkie in bed. flowers. lots o' chocolates. cute card made by my cute girls. giggles. hugs. kisses.


After a nice bath and a chapter read in my book, I dove into some Rocky Road for the first time ever! It was so good!



After the girl's bath, we had some cuddle time on the couch.



Then headed off to a little festival in the park. Autumn is in the air!



Destiny with a lizard.



A goanna



Miss Addi



Me and Addi at the park.



We saw a few funny things while at the park. This was one I couldn't resist. It made me giggle. Why would he choose the tiny chair when there is a huge chair right next to him?!?!



Interesting entertainment for a Mother's Day Event! WOW! The clothing kept getting less and less and the head gear kept getting taller and taller as the performance went on.



After the park we headed to Old Parliament House and had a lovely lunch.



The courtyard was beautiful. The girls could run around as Matt and I sat back and enjoyed our lunch.



Me.



Our food was really delicious!



Eggplant, Tomato, Goat Cheese Stack on top of Polenta served with grilled tomatoes and a rocket salad.



Berry Apple Crumble.



Dark Chocolate Cheese Cake.


After lunch, we took a drive to the top of Red Hill and saw the view of Canberra. It was beautiful! I love going to the tops of all of the mountains around here and looking at our city.


It was a lovely day! I hope all you mommas in the states are getting the royal treatment today!


Enjoy today!


Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jill! What an awesome Mother's Day! Thank you for sharing!
    Cindy Sanchez-Deckerd

    ReplyDelete