Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day is for the Birds!

Howdy, Friends! Another busy weekend has passed and now it's time for a busy week!
We celebrated the American Father's Day yesterday (Aussies celebrate it at a different date...no fair! Matt gets two father's days!). We started the day out with yogurt parfaits and a little jump on our new trampoline!

Then we headed off to Gold Creek for some brunch at Sweet Copper.

tea

Addi and her hot chocolate. We had to sit outside so we bought the girls warm drinks!

Destiny and mommy. (She now calls me "mummy") She would not make a "normal" face!

Addi drank every last drop!

The restaurant had a wood fire going and it smelled so good!

My Salmon Benedict with Asparagus!

The girls and daddy

After brunch we visited some birdies at the aviary. I know, I know, I bet you never thought you would catch me at the aviary again, but Matt really wanted to go and since it was HIS day I thought I would be nice and tag along!

Not only is Matt a great Father, he is also a bird charmer!

Destiny feeding some birdies

Notice the bird on Matt's head! It was trying to eat his hair!

sharing or fighting?

Destiny helping

Addi was so afraid of the birds. The one on my shoulder loved me, he kept coming back for more apple. He was a one-legged beauty! I think he knew I am a compassionate person! :)

Destiny wanted one on her arm so badly! She was so excited/nervous when one hopped on!




Our yummy parfaits for brekkie!And Matt's man meal! Steak, beer, and macaroni and cheese with bacon on top!


All in all it was a great day and we were so happy to celebrate with Matt.


A special Happy Father's to my dad and grandpas (including Grandpa Brokaw in WY!) Love you ALL!!!!


Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment