Thursday, June 2, 2011

I love a good walk.

Good morning, folks! How are ya doing? It's finally Friday here and the greatest news today is, I feel really normal (which I haven't been able to say for about a week).

I started this morning off with a run. I woke up just early enough to see the sun rise. It was glorious! It made me think of all the reasons I love living here! Sometimes I dwell on wanting so badly to see my friends and family in the states that I forget how much I truly love it right here in Oz.

Another thing I saw on my run this morning was kids running to the school bus. It brought back memories of the time that I commuted to Seattle each day for college. I would RUN to the ferry, RUN to the bus, RUN to class and sometimes RUN to catch a taxi. No wonder I was in such great shape!

Yesterday, the girls and I had a special day. We started the morning out at Questacon, the science center. Addi was struggling there because they shut down her favorite activity (the water station). So we headed out early to get in a walk around Lake Burley Griffin.

In front of us is the "chicken on the stick" where Matt works. (Destiny thinks he truly works inside the bird :)

The bell tower in all it's Autumn glory. It even played a lovely tune as we passed.

That is Questacon, such an interesting building.

The girls had blow pops, laffy taffy, and bubbles to blow along the walk. They received all of these things from their babysitter the night before and LOVED them!

Our walk ended and we headed home for lunch and nap time. It was a beautiful morning spent with two beautiful girls!

Each day of June, we are doing a count down until Destiny's b-day. She gets to rip off a link from her chain for every day. Here she is with one of the links.

Last night, Matt had a night out for work. I made myself the most wonderful concoction of a pizza ever. I sauteed mushrooms, eggplant, and red onions in Chardonnay, covered them with a bit of cheese and added some rosemary from my garden (I had to go outside with my flashlight to find it!). It was delicious! I love it when I create something that is so good!




Today we are on an adventure to see some reptiles. It should be a lovely time!


Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment