Friday, August 13, 2010

More Bitter than Sweet

Today has been bittersweet; more bitter than sweet though. Matt left on the train today. This is our second good-bye in the transition to Australia. We have two more good-byes before we are in Australia together!

Matt is making his way to Washington, D.C. to attend some classes prior to being stationed over-seas. He has to take a train to Washington state in order to catch a plane to Washington, D.C. How is that for confusing! ha!

Here are a couple of shots from his departure at the Williston train station:

they call this "fishy kisses"...I couldn't resist!
THURSDAY:
What a fun day we had on Thursday. We were busy, busy, busy! First stop was a play date at the new park in Williston with my friend Laura and her kids Jackson and Hannah. They have become great friends of mine over the past couple of years and they are headed on to new adventures in Wisconson the end of this month. I will really miss them and so will Destiny!
Destiny and Jackson on one of the bouncy toys!
Addi climbed up and went down the slide all by herself! Crazy girl!
Miss Hannah was all smiles! What a good baby girl!
Me and Laura and our babes.
After the park we headed over for a visit with super great auntie Mona! Destiny and her love to read books together!
Later in the afternoon we headed out to one of our favorite places to eat near Williston. It's called Lund's Landing. It is a family owned and run business with the best darn sun tea and june berry pie that I have EVER tasted!
They even have tee pees for rent :) and cabins too!
Here's the crew that went. My mom was taking the picture.
I found a couple of sweet pics of my family. Matt and Destiny reading a book.
Destiny sporting her "I'm a big sister" shirt and Addi wearing her "I love my big sister" shirt!
I needed a laugh on this bittersweet day. So here is a video I found. Sorry if you don't get it...ya kinda have to be from North Dakota...don'tcha know?!



Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment