Friday, August 27, 2010

Reader Participation Required

G'day!

This morning I have a lot on my mind. I would love some advice from all of you! As I was walking Dusty, a thought occurred to me that I haven't thought of in this whole "moving to Australia" process. The thought went something like this, "at this point in my life, I have the opportunity to be any one I want to be because I am moving to a place where no one has any pre-assumptions of who or what I should be." In general, I feel as if I am my true self most of the time, however, this is an opportunity to really let my true self shine because I feel like I have nothing or no one holding me back. Here is my question to you:

Would you take the opportunity of not knowing any one and no one having expectations of you as a time to become a NEW you or change yourself in some way?

I hope this question is coming out correctly. I feel like I can word it better in my head, but when I type it just isn't coming across as it does in my head.

Please write your answer in the comment section (at the bottom of this page) or leave me a message about it on facebook. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Here is the second thing I have been thinking about a lot lately: My first grocery shopping list in Australia.

We were not able to pack many of our consumable goods, so we are basically starting from scratch. I have made a little shopping list, but would love some help from you guys. Here is my second question for you today:

What is one thing you ALWAYS have in your pantry?

For me, I always keep oatmeal around...I use it in breakfast cookies, monster cookies and just to eat for breakfast! It's hearty, filling, and so good!

So, those are my BIG questions...now on to the daily haps...

We had a little get together at Super Great Auntie Mona's yesterday afternoon. We spent some time visiting with Mona, my Grandma, my Great Aunt Merilyn, and my 2nd cousin Christina. It's so fun to be surrounded by family!
Super Great Auntie Merilyn builds a road with Destiny and races her cars on it!

That's right folks! Dusty in her Kennel! woot-woot!!! or should I say Woof-woof!!! haha! I crack myself up! She does really well in there...you can tell she does not like it, but I think it will grow on her!



This morning I took Dusty for a walk; there was a cat in our front yard when we left...we looked a little bit like the above picture! ugh! haha!
The Australian word of the day:
Bloke = man or guy
Try using that one in a sentence today!
Enjoy today!
Remember, please leave your advice in the comments section below or as a message to me on facebook! thanks :)

3 comments:

  1. I love this one! That's something i thought alot about when i moved to Washington. I'd say I already had that chance, and yes, i took it. It surprises me often how much i unconsciously changed. Kinda of scary, but i think it's for the better! Right now though i would only like to become more patient, no more big changes!

    Soymilk! Peanut butter. The first i consider a matter of survival and peanut butter can just be paired with almost anything! (oatmeal is actually the first thing that popped into my head though, since i had that for breakfast :P)
    Im excited for you to discover amazing things in Austrailia and jealous of your interesting experiences! Sad to have my first friends here gone already though. - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I moved from ND to MO, I made a choice to change a few distinct characteristics. After a year, or so, I discovered that without much effort (they were small things), they had "fixed" themselves. It was a decision to "not be like this" or to "do it this way".

    As for grocery items: spagetti and sauce. Can't live without it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful chance to be "whoever you want to be!" It's an incredibly scary and incredibly freeing feeling all at once! Grab it and run with it. I could write a book on this topic, so I'm going to stop there...

    Probably sugar! Goes with coffee (my daily staple), pancakes (my treat), and blackberry cobbler (the one recipe I feel I have mastered!)

    ReplyDelete