Monday, August 30, 2010

Mosquito = mozzie

G'day!

Looking through my Australian slang dictionary, I found that they have a slang word for mosquito. It looks like I won't be escaping the mosquitoes with my move down under! ugh! Now I'll just be calling them "mozzies" instead.

Today we have a rainy North Dakota day! Perfect for cooking up some yummy veggie soup (which I'm doing, as I type it is simmering away) not so perfect for the farmer's market this morning (which I went to and only 3 people had their goods set out. boo hoo!)

Here is a pic of my lovely Destiny! She's says, "helloooooo" (imagine a silly voice here!)

Below, Addi is trying out her new bench from Auntie Bep!
Here is a good shot of DustyRose. Her kennel training is going really well. She especially loves the little treats she gets for going in (i.e. bacon, lil' smokies, ground turkey) She now goes in, sits, lays down (with a lot of prompting) and I close the door for a bit and give her a treat! I also have her food bowl shoved way in the back of it, so in order to eat she has to walk in the kennel and have her meal! I hope she gets used to it and ends up feeling "at home" in it! I found out we have to take another trip to the vet tomorrow. This time it's only for a flea and tic prevention treatment.
Below the pictures of the flowers I have written some "deep" thoughts that I've been thinking lately. It's great to be able to put the pen to the paper (more like the fingers to the keyboard) and write my thoughts down about our transfer to Australia.
Yesterday I was looking at the bouquets from the wedding and a thought occurred to me. The flowers are held so tightly together that they do not have the room the need to grow. They are one smushed mess! If separated, the roses would bloom so big and beautifully. I feel like I can relate this to my life. Right now, I am surrounded by so many family and friends. Maybe when I am out on my "own", in Australia, separated from the people I know and love, I will have the room to GROW into who I am supposed to be.


I hope no one takes this the wrong way. I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many people and I fully intend on keeping contact and a tight bond between me and my family and friends. However, I am going to take this opportunity of being outside of MY bouquet to GROW and BLOOM!
Now, I'm off to relax a bit prior to taking a class at the gym!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment