Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Always on my mind

Hey!

Dusty is off to Australia as I type. I have been thinking about her constantly. I wonder how she is doing on her flight. I hope she has found a comfortable position to lay down in her kennel. I hope she dozes off into dreamland as the plane flies over the ocean. I hope she is at peace and not scared. It seems like every few minutes I send up a prayer for her. I hope she can feel that I am prayer for her and thinking about her.

It is so difficult to see one of my family members on their way to Australia already. It makes the reality even more clear. I am moving to Australia in a few weeks! Like it or not.

Some of you may be wondering why Dusty had to go to Australia earlier than us. There is a mandatory quarantine process that all animals entering Australia need to go through. There are no rabies in Australia so they need to be certain that any animal entering Australia does not have rabies. Dusty has been through 3 rounds of blood work and testing and is finally on her way to spend some time in quarantine. She will be alone for the next 30 days. Please pray for her if you think about it.

I put a picture of our family in her kennel. I hope she looks at it and knows that we are coming back for her. I feel like I have lost one of my children for a month. My heart and brain are consumed with thoughts and feelings for her. All I can do is trust that she is in good hands.

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

A dog can express more with his tail in seconds than his owner can express with his tongue in hours. ~Author Unknown

I have a busy day ahead. I work this afternoon and take the kiddos to library and a visit to a relative this morning. That should help keep me from obsessing over Dusty's flight.

I have a new Aussie word of the day: "Give it a burl" = try it or have a go

Try something new today! I tried making my breakfast with Almond milk instead of cows milk or soy milk. It was excellent! So, go ahead, give it a burl!!

Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment