Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Emotional Biker

Good morning!! I hope every one is having a splendid day so far! This morning I got up early and attended my sister's spin class at 6 AM! For all of you who are wondering what a spin class is, I included a picture of a spin bike. It's a stationary bike that you ride in a group fitness type class. It can be hard or easy, depending on the teacher and how much you push yourself. They say it can also be easier on your joints than some other types of exercise.
During my spin class, Bekki, my sister, put a video of the Pacific Northwest on a projection screen in front of the class. (it kind of looks like you are riding on the road and makes class go by faster because you have something to look at.) The video started out in Seattle. It was so great! I loved seeing all of the old sights, but I have to admit, I became an emotional biker when the cameraman zoomed in on where Matt and I got engaged. Here are some pictures of the area.

The space needle!

This is where Matt and I got engaged (by a tree) in Pioneer Square. He had taken me out to a nice Italian dinner (the kind where you can't read the menu so you just point to a good price point for you). Then we walked through pioneer square and I'm pretty sure a few bums witnessed our engagement! :)


Here is the train station! This train station has been a part of my life since jr. high school. I would take the train to visit my cousin and in recent years my family would take the train to visit me!

Here's the troll under the bridge in Seattle.
The bike ride also took us through Port Angeles (which is way up north on the peninsula) and Port Townsend. We love both those cities and have VERY fond memories there. The above picture is of a hotel we stayed in at Port Townsend. It's a great old hotel that used to be a brothel! So much history in those old towns!

The ride also took us through Olympia. Here's the capitol building!
And then ended at Mount Rainier! So beautiful!
That is how I spent my morning. Thinking about and wishing I was back in Washington. I love the green trees and the city life. I miss my family and friends out there. I didn't break down and cry in spin class, but I definitely got a little teary! Washington, I will see you (briefly) on November 1st and 2nd! I'm so excited! Then, our BIG adventure begins! We fly to Australia on the 3rd of November.
Aussie word of the day: No worries = an expression of forgiveness or reassurance (No problem, forget about it)

Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment