Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Cracker Jack King

Good morning blog friends,

Today is a bit of a sad day around here. Yesterday my Grandpa Harvey (my mom's dad) died of a heart attack. Recently he had a stroke and hip surgery. He continually said he was ready to leave this world, but I'm not so sure I was ready for him to leave.

I have decided to call my grandpa, the cracker jack king, because when I would visit him as a child, he would always have a box of cracker jacks for me. I loved that special treat from my grandpa.

This is the most recent picture of me and my grandpa in Billings, MT. Matt and I were traveling through in September. Grandpa was so surprised and excited to see us that day.
Just a month before that we stopped to visit Grandpa on our way from Washington to North Dakota. Destiny got in a few really great hugs with Great Grandpa Harvey.


Addi and Great Grandpa Harvey
This is the first time Grandpa met Destiny. This was in Glendive Montana.
I remember his unsteady hands, holding her and me thinking how happy I was that Destiny got to meet her Great Grandpa.
The three of us.
This picture was taken shorty before Matt and I got married. We popped in to visit him in Glendive around Christmas time.

There are so many things I love about my Grandpa, but it's too hard to share them right now.
I'll leave you with a quote:
"Your heart has brought great joy to many. Those hearts can NEVER forget you." -- Flavia Weeden
I love you, Grandpa, I miss you and I know you are in a better place.
My wish today is that I was closer to my family and friends...to give them hugs and cry with them.
Enjoy today!

1 comment:

  1. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Jill. Losing a grandparent is never easy, even when you know they are ready.

    I enjoyed seeing your photos today. Special memories will last a lifetime!

    ((HUGS)) Great big hugs from one continent to another.

    ReplyDelete