Monday, January 17, 2011

On a Sunday..

Wow! I've been missing in action for a bit! What a busy weekend! It's Tuesday, but feels like a Monday because Matt had yesterday off.

How was your weekend?

This weekend we met up with a fellow American at the Botanical Gardens. It was great to meet her. I worked with her mom when I was student teaching in Washington state. We enjoyed a cup of coffee and a chat with her and then the girls, Matt and I headed to the Rain Forrest part of the Botanical Gardens. It was amazing. We got a lot of great pictures.


Matt and Destiny

Me and AddiSue
An action shot!

The animals in there are so beautiful. There are butterflies all over, but unfortunately I can only capture the dead ones of film. I thought it was beautiful none the less.


Here is a spider with a shiny green back. I have no idea what kind it is.

As we were walking through, the girls lead us to the lawn where they hold concerts and sure enough they were setting up for a concert. We found a couple of rocks to claim as our seat and enjoyed the show.
Dest gave my hat a try.
Matt and I.
Addi decided to try my hat too!

The band was just OK so we left after about a 1/2 hour of listening. It is so fun to be around so many people picnicking and just enjoying their families on a Sunday evening.


We even lucked out and saw a kangaroo :)


I'm playing catch up this morning because we slept in a bit so I'm off to the grocery store!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment