Saturday, January 1, 2011

On the eighth day of Christmas...

My true love took me on a trip to the National Gallery {of Australia}!

What a lovely place to visit! We had received complimentary tickets to view an exhibit there called Ballets Russes: The Art of Costume. The rest of the art gallery was free to walk through.

No Photography was allowed inside, but we did take a few photos on the grounds.

This ball is hung over a street new the National Gallery. It glimmers in the sunlight. So pretty.

My beloved pears :) Destiny and I had to pose by them


This was one of my favorite exhibits. It is quite indescribable with words so you will just have to come a visit in order to see it. It's amazing. Calming. Relaxing. Peaceful. In fact, I want to just go sit in it right now! haha!
This is inside.
Destiny, washing her feet :)
The view from inside looking up and out to the sky.
Our experience at the art gallery was very fun. The girls enjoyed their time there and so did Matt and I. We will have to take a trip back there in order to see more of it. The Ballets Russes display was quite impressive. They had ballet costumes from the early 1900s. They were all in fairly good shape and displayed so nicely. Destiny enjoyed hunting for the "animal" costumes on display.
We celebrated Addi's 1/2 birthday with brownies filled with hundreds and thousands {sprinkles}...1 and a half is a big deal, ya know!!!
Frosting lips!
Being silly with the camera.
As for me, there is always some experimenting going on in this kitchen!
Quiche! My very own made up recipe :) Home made wheat crust, mushrooms in a wine sauce, roasted red peppers, and a whole bunch of cheesy goodness! Yum!
Yesterday, the girls and I had a GREAT day! We visited 3 parks in one day! It is so great to live in a neighborhood where 3 parks are within walking distance!! This brings me to the Aussie word o' the day. We have this word in America too, it's just used differently or not as often.
Clever = mentally bright, having quick intelligence. My example comes from the play ground.
Destiny was playing with a little boy and she was showing him how to use some of the equipment, the little boys father said to Destiny, "you are quite clever". It just makes me smile when people call my daughter "clever". I always use terms like smart or strong, never clever...I think I'll add it to my vocab!
We are off to the Institute of Sport for a tour!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment