Sunday, January 23, 2011

No more Separation

Hello Friends!

How is football Sunday going? I see on facebook that some are you are excited for your teams!!! Today is Monday and we are hard at it! We have TONS to do this week! Lucky for me I have 2 little helpers to make things fun!




There are a few things from my life that I don't post in my blog. One thing that I didn't want to post much about is the religious part of my life. I felt like it may offend some, or turn others away from looking at my blog. I have grown accustomed to the separation of church and state in the U.S. and now that I am living here in Oz, I don't feel like there needs to be a separation to such extremes. Now, don't get me wrong, this blog isn't about religion, but I want to share with you some of the fun things that are happening in our lives that revolve around our relationship with God.



We found a church that fits ALL of our needs and wants! We have tried a few other churches here and it was SO fun to find one that works for us! The people are great, the food is wonderful, and we have enjoyed every second of attending the church. Yesterday, Destiny left the church screaming because she didn't want to go home...she wanted to stay and play with her friends! It's funny to hear a child scream, "I want to stay at church!!"




In the afternoon, we packed a picnic and headed off to the Botanical Gardens to enjoy some munching a music.


The girlies danced to the music

We brought salads and other yummy eats
Addi munched the cucumbers from our garden!

Addi tried crawling in the front seat of the stroller with Destiny....unfortunately both of their bummies don't fit in there :)
It's ALMOST Australia Day (a national holiday quite like July 4th in the states) so there were Aussie flags all over!
A sticker Destiny got for donating to the "friends of the gardens"

The entertainment was super family friendly and they sang oldies (blues and jazz) They sang songs like Route 66 and Bewitched! Kinda fun!


It was a lovely Sunday and we really enjoyed it! There's nothing like being together and enjoying a great day as a family!
Here's a quote to think about:
"No day ends if it makes a memory" -- Jackie Erikson
Now go out there and make some memories :)
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment