Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's finally Friday!

Hello!

It's finally Friday! When we lived in Washington, one of the morning radio shows played a little tune by George Jones on Friday mornings and the words that went with it were "it's finally Friday" and I remember singing along with it at the top of my lungs as Matt drove me to the ferry boat to catch my ride to college in Seattle. I feel like singing, "It's finally Friday" at the top of my lungs today! It has not been a rough week, a challenging week, or even a tiring week. It's been fun, filled with lots of laughs and tons of park time. I think I'm just ready for the weekend!




I hope that video got you in the mood for the weekend!

This last week, we got SO many letters from our friends and family in the States! We LOVED hearing from you! The Christmas cards, letters, and pictures will be cherished! Thanks for showing us that you are thinking of us! We are thinking of you too!!


Here is a special gingerbread man from a special Great Auntie Mona! We miss her so much!

I feel like I haven't bragged much about my kids lately...heh heh...so I thought today I would fill ya in on what they are up to. Believe it or not...they are growing up!

Destiny rocked sliding down the pole yesterday...all by herself, no help from mom! She begs me for more time with other kids and is constantly asking if she can go to school or start dance class. It's so hard here right now because it is Summer break here and all of the Pre-school programs shut down for Summer time. That means, no story time at the library, no play groups, NOTHING! We get out and about a lot, but we aren't always guaranteed a chance to hang with other kids her age. No worries though, come February our schedule is booked every single day of the week! She'll be begging to spend time at home {yeah right!} haha! We have started doing a theme each week to help us keep busy. This week, Destiny learned all about camping, in fact, as I type she is playing in a tent that is set up in our formal dining room! haha! We will have a camping style supper today! So much fun! She sang her ABCs all by herself a couple of days ago! She is growing up!

Addi is growing up so fast too! Can you believe she's 1 1/2?!?! She loves doing whatever sissy is doing. She climbs on EVERYTHING! I even caught her on our patio table one day when I was pulling weeds in the garden.
peek a boo is a favorite of hers! We played it for about 5 minutes straight at the park yesterday!
She shrugs her shoulders now too...SO DARN CUTE! She is a really great communicator too. She even told Matt off the other night! haha!
The girls are so much fun and as I've said before, I am SO blessed to be able to hang out with them all day!
Just a reminder to all of you fun blog readers, we LOVE to video chat over yahoo messenger. Send me a message if you would like to chat with us! The girls even dance and sing on it!

Something funny that I noticed in my shower this morning: I found this shampoo, it's relaxed and natural for WOMEN OF COLOR. I'm not using it, we have no woman of "color" living in our house...so who is using it? I only share my shower with one other person....YOU DO THE MATH!!! haha! I just had to share this!
This morning I got up and got busy! I love a productive morning, especially on a Friday morning! Dog is washed, workout done, laundry hung on the line, garage door fixed, car cleaned, peanut butter made and then I made a new YUMMY creation that my cousin Lili emailed me...Peanut Butter HUMMUS! {God heard my prayer and HE answered} SO YUMMY!
Well, I'm off to play in a tent with my favorite 3 year old!
Enjoy today!

2 comments:

  1. sorry it took me a long time to comment back on this...they are the exact color of Matt's eyes. Very dark brown.

    ReplyDelete