Sunday, January 23, 2011

EXTRA EXTRA!

Hi Friends!

I have to let you in on a little secret, I'm actually typing this the night prior to posting it. I try to post my blog around the same time each day (I haven't been very good at that lately). I have exciting things happening tomorrow so I wanted to be EXTRA prepared. So here are the big plans.....are you ready for them...I am starting a play group for the U.S. Embassy here! Little old me is starting a play group! I have a great vision for this play group and I can't wait to see how it plays out (pun intended!)! I have invited some mums and bubs (or bubs in bellies) to join in on the fun. I stopped at the bakery today for some goodies and it's amazing that I didn't eat them yet! We will have a wonderful morning tea while the kiddos play! So.Much.Fun! Destiny is going to be so excited to have other kids in the house. Tonight we had the "share your toys" talk! haha!

I pulled some fun pictures off my camera that are kind of fun. Last Friday night we got to attend a Canberra Capitals Woman's basketball match! (that's right...it's a match not a game!) We got comp tickets from a program that they do here to welcome people to Canberra.



We got there super early so we waited outside in the sunshine (with a killer bird waiting to attack the babes...I'm kidding...not really!)


The girls look so summery {in January!!}

Destiny picked up a cigarette and threw it away when we told her it was yucky! -I'm proud of my good action shot on that one!-

Destiny holding a little downy fluffy feather. (maybe from the attacker bird...probably not!)

The kids and Matt ready to attend the game.

The game was held at the Australian Institute of Sport. We toured there a few weeks ago so it was fun to visit again!

Before the match, the coach talked to us a bit about Canberra and about the ladies who play ball. First off, she has lived and coached in Seattle {I felt bonded to her as soon as she said that}. Secondly, she told us that the women who play basketball are about my age and 2 of them are mothers, that made me appreciate the match even more!

Gooooooooo Caps!!!!!

Destiny's experience with watching basketball games has always involved Grandpa Gus, Grandma Sue, Auntie Bekki and Popcorn. She was sad that none of them could be there and when we got to the concession stand she was sad that there was no popcorn. However, they do offer sausage rolls and meat pies! We were happy campers!

Addi loved the game, she just sat on Matt's lap and watched the WHOLE game! What a gal! Maybe she'll grow up to be my basketball star!


I'm going to share with you a new Aussie word o' the day, maybe some of you know it, but when Matt mentioned it to me I had NO idea what he was talking about. The word is: Net Ball.





Sorry for the lengthy video but it is informational and helps you understand what Net ball is.


When I first moved here, we kept driving by what I thought were basketball courts in which they "took off the back boards" so people wouldn't play on them....boy was I wrong. It's a net ball association.


Now ya know something new...maybe you already knew it, but it's still interesting :)


Enjoy today!

1 comment: