Thursday, January 20, 2011

The perfect night for dating!

Good morning!

Last night was the perfect night for dating. Matt and I enjoyed our time in the city center here! We hired a babysitter (shocking!!!). I have only had family watch my girls so this was a BIG step for us! The babysitter we hired was THE BEST!!! She logged what the girls did at what times and she asked many questions about how we do things and what she should do! We LOVE her! She didn't even want us to pay her because she is using this to gain experience! She's a sweetie! (we'll pay her somehow, someday!)

Our adventure started and ended on this corner. We grabbed a fresh fruit drink at the Muddle Bar. Matt's was a home made lemonade and mine was watermelon and lime!

After our fruity drink we headed on a little walk around town. (we even found the Pancake Parlor...A place I have been wanting to eat at!)
After our walk we headed back to that corner and ate at a lovely little Italian Restaurant called Mezzalira. Here are some of our eats (I didn't take pictures because I didn't want to look like a weirdo!): fire roasted rosemary bread, the best caprese salad of my life, Matt had rock fish over potatoes and mushrooms, and I went with the tortellini filled with pumpkin, ricotta, leeks in a brown butter sauce (yes, it was as good as it sounds!)...For dessert: Matt had a lemon tart and I rolled with the flourless chocolate torte. The meal was amazing and it was great to spend time (alone) with Matt!
In Civic (the city center) I noticed that they had these signs painted on the ground at pedestrian crossings:
This can be our Aussie "word" o' the day: The "look" signs...ever since arriving here I have had a hard time while walking and looking the right direction for oncoming traffic. I end up looking back and forth about 5 times! HAHA! These signs were so helpful, I wish they were required to paint them on EVERY corner!
The girlies and I are off to play at the park!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment